Top 7 Melaleuca Oil Benefits. Melaleuca DIY recipes
Melaleuca Oil Benefits
Also known as Tea Tree, this oil is a powerful antiseptic, having the ability to heal the wounds. This oil uses are numerous: making homemade cleaning products, diffusing it in the air to kill the mold, applying it to heal skin issues. It can also treat viral infections. Tea Tree became a popular active ingredient in a variety of household and cosmetic products. The long list includes face wash, shampoos, skin and nail creams, massage oils, detergents. Everyone who decides to have a natural medicine corner, should consider Melaleuca essential oil as one of the must have oils
1 Laundry Freshener
- Melaleuca is perfect for those sensitive to chemical detergents. Add 2-3 drops to your next load of laundry will kill bacteria on your clothes and in the washer
2 Hair Care
- Dandruff effective treatment: add 4-5 drops of Melaleuca Oil to your shampoo or mix the drops with coconut milk and use when rinse.
- Head Lice treatment: add 4-5 drops of Melaleuca Oil to your shampoo or mix the drops with coconut milk and use when rinse.
3 Skin and Oral Care
- Old Herbalists knew about Tea tree essential oil antibacterial properties many years ago.
- Acne: apply Tea Tree (Melaleuca) essential oil to trouble areas. Dilute 1 drop of essential oil to 10 drops of carrier oil, to prevent skin irritations.
- This is a perfect ingredient for a natural homemade toothpaste and mouthwash.
4 Household Cleaner
- Tea Tree also serve as a natural disinfectant. Mix a few drops of essential oil with water, vinegar, and 2-3 drops of lemon essential oil. Use to clean showers, sinks, toilets, and kitchen appliances.
- Eliminate smells with bacterial origin: use the above mentioned solution to spray athletic shoes and sports equipment.
6 Eczema and Psoriasis
- This oil helps in treating any type of inflammation, but is a great reliever in psoriasis. Add 2-3 drops of essential oil to 6 drops of Coconut oil and apply to the affected area.
7 Kills the Mold
- Use the Melaleuca Household Cleaner (#4) to spray onto your shower curtains, your laundry machine, toilet or dishwasher to kill mold