Top 7 Lavender Oil Benefits. Lavender DIY recipes
Lavender Oil Benefits
1 Reduces stress and anxiety
- Take a bowl of warm water, add some bath salt and 10-15 drops of lavender essential oil. Soak your feet in the water for 10-15 minutes. It relaxes you and helps you sleep better.
2 Heals burns and cuts
- Wash the area with clean water, pat dry with a cotton ball and apply lavender oil to the affected area. Add a few drops of oil to your favorite cream or carrier oil to use it for chapped lips, dry and itchy skin and other skin irritations.
- If it comes to bug bites, apply a few drops of essential oil to the bitten area, it reduces swelling and pain.
- Sunburn soother. Just mix a few drops with your favourite carrier oil and apply to the affected area. It speeds healing and prevents scars. But remember that Lavender Oil should never be applied if you are going out in the Sun, because it makes your skin photosensitive.
3 Improves sleep
- Sprinkle a few drops of Lavender Essential Oil on your pillow, tissue or blouse. You can also inhale its aroma straight from the bottle before going to sleep. It also eases anxiety and makes you feel calm.
4 Alleviates headaches
- Mix 3-5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil with 1 teaspoon of Virgin Coconut oil, or any other Carrier Oil and rub it on the affected areas.
5 Improves eczema and acne
- Take a drop of Lavender Essential Oil and apply to acne or pimples. It should heal within 2-3 days.
- Mix fresh lemon juice with lavender oil and dab on acne with cotton.
6 Protection for Face Skin
- Wrinkles: Mix 15 drops of Lavender oil to 1 ounce of jojoba oil and add 5 vitamin E capsules. Store in a glass bottle and apply on your face twice a day.
- Dark circles: Mix a few drops of essential oil to aloe vera gel and massage the eye area very gently.
7 Hair growth
- Use lavender essential oil to massage your scalp by mixing 5-8 drops of essential oil with 1 teaspoon of carrier oil. This protocol stimulates new hair growth and controls dandruff.
Read more about Aromatherapy and the Benefits of Essential Oils