Root Chakra – Muladhara – Earth Chakra
Root Chakra Muladhara is also known as the 1st chakra or the Earth Chakra. This chakra deals with the survival instinct. Fear blocks this chakra.
This chakra is considered by many to be the most important Chakra. That`s because it connects us to the Mother Earth, to the Universe we live in, to our physical world
Location : at the base of our spine, the pelvic floor, and the first three vertebrae.
Purpose (role) : governs over our physical energies, giving us a sense of security and safety with ourselves and with other people.
Corresponding Organs and Body Functions: reproductive organs, immune system, large intestine
When we start thinking about chakra healing and balancing, the first thing we need to consider is balancing the Root Chakra (Muladhara). That`s because this is the “storage room” of our life force energy. If the Root Chakra is not properly balanced, you cannot balance the rest of the chakras, because you are not well rooted into the ground. First of all, balance the Root Chakra Muladhara.
A balanced Root Chakra
is characterized by a strong security feeling in your world and the feeling that daily tasks are easy to do. When your Root chakra Muladhara is harmonized, you have the feeling that you are working with the Universe, not against it. In my opinion, when this first chakra is balanced, you understand the famous “Law of Attraction”, you understand “Synchronicity” and you start to attract positivity in your relationships, money and career aspects.
Every chakra has the ability to be in balance, to be over-active or under-active, depending on the way the energy flows through the chakra
Having an over-active Root Chakra, you may feel anger, annoyance and even aggression towards events and people around you. Another frequent feeling for over-activity of this chakra is greediness. Controlling others is a wish. Those who challenge your “authority” are a threat to you. You need to fill the lack of the secure feeling with something, so, there you are, becoming dependent on the security of your job, of the presence of someone around you, or you start to feed a habit that makes you feel secure and safe. As a result you become a rigid adult, with wide and strong boundaries. Materialism is another sign of and over-active Root Chakra.
On the other side, an under-active Root Chakra may give you the feeling that you are disconnected from the world around you, even from your body. The feeling of the missing of organization accompanies you everywhere, attracting chaos. The lack of focus, fear, anxiety do also characterize an under-active Root Chakra.
These behavior characteristics of an unbalanced Root Chakra are accompanied by some physical symptoms, as well. The most common “body signals” corresponding to this chakra are weight loss/gain, low immune system, depression, anemia, laziness, over or under sex drive.
In order to start your Root Chakra healing process, you need to get your fears become clear to you. What are you most afraid of? We are all concerned of our survival. But we must surrender this fear.
There are different ways to balance and heal your chakra system. You can try music therapy, color therapy, crystal therapy, aroma therapy, healing affirmations, associated food therapy, bio-energetic treatments, Yoga poses, nature. Each of the earlier mentioned methods, transmit particular vibrational frequencies that help our body and our related chakra align to a natural and harmonized vibrational scheme.
Root Chakra Muladhara Healing and Balancing Therapies
Color Therapy – Red is the corresponding color for Root Chakra. Wearing red clothes, watching to a red image, maybe a lotus flower image, will help your energetic blockages dissolve. You may also close your eyes and imagine a Red light charging the Root Chakra. Lighting on a red candle is very productive.
Crystal Therapy – There are several stone types that have a healing effect on the Root Chakra. The original vibration frequency of these crystals help the Root Chakra to realign to the matching frequencies: Azurite, Bloodstone, Obsidian, Golden Yellow Topaz, Black Tourmaline, Carnelian, Citrine, Red Jasper, Smokey Quartz.
Healing Affirmations – We already know the power of spoken words. Several affirmations work like mind setters for the brain, helping your body to vibrate accordingly.
“I am safe in this Universe”,
“I am part of this beautiful and protective Planet and I feel myself anchored in the deep Roots of Mother Earth”
“We live in peace with the Nature and with the surrounding people and environment”
Food Therapy- Try to insert as many natural red colored foods, vegetables, fruits and animal high protein products to heal the Root Chakra. Red apples, strawberries, red cabbage, ginger, carrots, soy, tofu, eggs, meat, beets.
Nature Therapy- The Root Chakra`s associated element is Earth. Go out in the Nature, take a walk in the woods, experience the smell and the sound of Nature. Nature is a healer for root chakra. Barefoot walking is a good practice to heal this energetic vortex. Nature allows you to recharge your “energy batteries” and to vibrate on the matching frequency.
Aroma Therapy- There are certain essential oils that activate, cleanse and heal the Root Chakra. To heal the Root Chakra, consider using flowering, earthy-scented essential oils like: ylang-ylang, rosemary, sandalwood, myrrh, cedar
Music Therapy- Corresponding Mantra: ‘LAM’
The Root chakra vibrates in harmony to “C” note. Music was always known to have the most powerful effect on our bodies. In a previous article, The Healing Power of Music, we presented the way that musical vibrations help us vibrate to the Natural vibrational frequency. When we say “music” to heal the Root Chakra, we may refer to various types of sounds. Starting with the meditation chant “LAM”, continuing with Sound of Nature Music , popular songs like “Louis Armstrong-What a Wonderful World” that have a positive vibration regarding our “membership” on Earth. Researchers discovered that Healing and Balancing Sounds For The Root Chakra have a 396 Hz frequency
Steps for healing the Root Chakra Muladhara:
- Anchoring yourself in the environment- the firs chakra balance and health are dependent on the secure and safety level. Developing a harmonious relationship with the Universe we live in, with our birth-place, is a good practice in the healing process.
- Barefoot Connecting to the Earth. If you don`t like barefoot walking, you may as well try gardening, planting seeds and flowers, or maybe trees. Touching the soil and the plants will recharge your battery, because this is the contact to the elemental Earth energy corresponding to the Root Chakra.
- Physical Activity- any type of physical activity will have a positive effect on the healing of your Root Chakra Muladhara. Even if you are walking, running, jogging, dancing, playing sports, any type of movement will help you balance and healing your chakra, getting rid of the energetic blockages.
- Dissolve your fears and insecurities, and learn self-reliance. The healing affirmations are very helpful in the process of changing your perspective on the insecurities in your live. You need to assure and reassure yourself that you are OK. That you are safe in this world. Working on self-reliance, confidence, perceptions about the resources in your life are the key to healing this first chakra.
- Discovering your true needs is the next step in Root Chakra healing. Discovering your true talents and aspirations are results of a meditation habit. We learn to concentrate the attention on our body, on our thoughts, through daily meditation. We are able to observe our mind and ego. When you know what your true needs and aspirations are, you become less more influential by others` people opinions. Pay attention to limiting beliefs about yourself, and trust the infinite possibilities towards a better life.
When healing the root chakra, it’s important to remember that the outer world is often a reflection of what is happening inside you.
Your inner balance and resourcefulness affects your notion about what it means to be abundant in the material world. In other words, your state of being, translates into your ability to manifest in the material world.
“I am safe.
trust more…I fear less
I am centered and grounded”